Sunday, January 3, 2010

A Drink at Le Dôme Café

Le Dôme 2

Today we had a lovely visit with our friends Laurence, Sylvain and Ruben. Arrived to their apartment around 1pm and enjoyed catching up - next time we come...settlers!

After our afternoon visit we went to Montparnasse, and had a drink at Le Dôme Café. This is one of the original cafés in Montparnasse, opened in 1898. It was the perfect spot to have a drink and sit for a short while before going to dinner.

Silva at Le Dôme Felipe at Le Dôme

It had a beautiful interior and was actually pretty quiet (I think there were many people traveling today - so fewer eating out). They had these fantastic mirrors with etchings on them (see below)
Le Dôme 1

I would definitely recommend it for a drink, and from what I gather, it had one Michelin star in the restaurant (separated from the cafe) - so the food should be good as well!

Le Dôme Café
109 bd. Montparnasse, Paris, 75014
+ 33 (0) 1 43 35 25 81
Closest Métro: Vavin

After Le Dôme Café, we met Sebas for dinner at Crêperie de Josselin
. This is a very nice crêperie with a very traditional selection. We each ordered a savory and a sweet crepe, mine being a spinach, cheese, egg and bacon wheat crepe with a dessert of nutella and whipped cream crepe.

Our waiter was a character - gave me a bit of a hard time that I did not finish entirely my savory crepe and saying he wouldn't bring me a second! But it was all in good humor and eventually I got my sweet one! Sorry, no pics...was kind of tired tonight!

Crêperie de Josselin
67, Rue du Montparnasse, 75014 Paris
+33 08 99 237 101

No comments: