Monday, March 15, 2010

I Go Out Walking...

Sparrow in Central Park
I'm going to try a new experiment. I want to try and walk home from work as much as possible...so weather willing - I will be walking home each day. It's only about 2.2 miles from door to door, and would only take slightly longer than my bus commute. But the fresh air would be nice and the exercise is good too.

And of course there is my favorite part - walking through Central Park. I took a couple of shots today, but it's a bit dreary and gray and I am not quite great at capturing that yet. I did manage to get a quick shot of a sparrow sitting among some bushes. There is a set of bushes that is always filled with sparrows, and without the leaves you can see them jumping from branch to branch. It's nice to see the buds showing up, and I'll be looking forward to the green leaves. But in the meanwhile I will enjoy seeing the birds.

No comments: