Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Galavanting around the Garment District

Garment District

Mom and I took a long good walk through the Garment District yesterday searching through bolts and bolts of fabric. It was fun to look at each of them and imagine what you could do with all the colors and patterns. We found some good fabrics - mom found a great pattern with lots of color fruits on it (aprons anyone?), we also found a great fabric that she's going to make into a table runner for us for thanksgiving, and I found a great linen that she promised to make me a skirt with :D I will be sure to show you all the results!

I have to say, after about six or seven stores...and continuing on, it got to be a little sensory overload...so many colors, patterns, textures and bric a brac! But it sure was fun!

No comments: