Sunday, June 5, 2011

One, two, three...GO!

Felipe

Felipe, Ana Luisa and Bruno
Felipe with Ana Luisa and Bruno at Virgil's

I swear it, I am back to posting! It's been a while since I have kept up this blog regularly, but jeez, time really goes fast! It's June already?! We had a nice day today visiting again with Ana Luisa and Bruno (friends of Felipe's parents from Brazil). We met them for lunch at Virgil's Barbeque near Times Square. It was nice to have another chance to meet up with them before they leave. Bruno was here doing a visiting scholar program at Fordham and they've been in New York City for a month. We had a lovely time with them over Memorial Day weekend when we met them for a show at Dizzy's Club (jazz).

This week promises to be jam packed - tomorrow my dad's friend Steve will be visiting with one of his friends, and they will be staying with us through Wednesday. Then Wednesday night I leave to go to Oklahoma for Grace's graduation from Basic Training at Fort Sill. I'll be meeting mom and Mariam for the visit (coincidentally we will all be meeting at the Dallas airport as we got the same flight in to Oklahoma city).

I'll come back to New York City on Saturday and we'll get to spend some time with Laurence who is visiting from Paris again (she's in town for a conference). Busy busy! And, if I might say so without jinxing myself, I think we are seriously close to finishing the medical textbook that we've been working on at work - this would be MAJOR! This book has been my main project at work for the last two years and this past several months has really been a mind marathon.

So wish me luck with my busy week, and look forward to more posts coming up!!!

2 comments:

Laura said...

I dig the posting and your future sounds busy but AWESOME. I think the best way to travel is to meet at an airport, because when you arrive you're all there at the same time! And go, Grace!

In other news, I passed the Versatile Blog Award on to you! Stop by http://lauralazewski.blogspot.com/2011/06/two-awards-in-one-week.html and pick it up! Happy blogging :).

Images and Lines said...

aww cant see you in any pics :-( Glad you all had a good time and I wish I could have joined you for lunch, I´m sure they had good salads there...
Congrats to Grace!
Thanks.