Saturday, November 12, 2011

A Beautiful Morning Walk in the Park (11.11.11)

Central Park 11/11/11
The colors, the shadows, the trees and the people in this scene reminded me of A Sunday Afternoon on the Island of La Grande Jatte by Seurat (not saying my photo is as good as his painting - just trying to describe how picturesque the park was at that time in the morning!).

Yesterday I got up a bit early and left for work with enough time to allow myself a walk through Central Park. Because I pass through the park every day, I see the colors changing through out the season, and this week we've had amazingly clear weather and I just knew I had to see the leaves as they seem to be at their peak. Fortunately we've not had a lot of rain, and so the leaves haven't been beaten off the trees like they were last year. It was a beautiful morning, full of joggers and people out walking their dogs....much more serene than on a weekend day when the park is crowded. I hope you enjoy the shots as much as I enjoyed the live scene!

Central Park 11/11/11

Central Park 11/11/11

Central Park 11/11/11
I can't tell you how amazing this spot was - with this blanket of red leaves covering the path, and the ducks in the pond...

Central Park 11/11/11

5 comments:

Big Momma in Dullavan said...

These are beautiful pictures, Silva. It's so nice to see a different season in some of the places I've become familiar with through my visits. Since it will be awhile before I'm free to see autumn in New York, I'll just have to listen to the song and look at these pictures. Next best thing.

Laura said...

These are amazing, Silva! I had to look twice at the first one to see if you'd really taken it.

djp said...

i love nyc :) thanks for the lovely shots!

Silva said...

Thanks for all of the compliments guys. It really is a beautiful park, and certainly my favorite place in NYC. What would we do without it!?

Images and Lines said...

Colors are really awesome in these photos. Gosh, what a great day that was and you did capture it really well. I can totally understand why you love that park so much...