Sunday, August 12, 2012

Seattle Washington's Pinball Museum! (What a Blast!)

Pinball Musuem, Seattle WA
Mariam suggested we go to the Seattle Pinball Museum, and I never knew how much I would enjoy it!  Essentially it is a one room arcade, set up with a variety of Pinball machines in order of the year they were manufactured.  You pay $10 and you get to play as much as you like, and play we did!

Pinball Musuem, Seattle WA
Mariam and Felipe at the helm.

I loved a lot of the older games, they had such a great feel to the movement of the pieces of each game.
Pinball Musuem, Seattle WA

Pinball Musuem, Seattle WA

Pinball Musuem, Seattle WA

Pinball Musuem, Seattle WA

Pinball Musuem, Seattle WA
Felipe trying his skill at "King Pin" (circa 1973)

Pinball Musuem, Seattle WA
Circus circa 1974.

Pinball Musuem, Seattle WA
I think this game, "Mystic" (circa 1980), was probably my favorite, as I got a super high score on my first play.  I like to think that it's some innate skill that I have for playing pinball (I'm not going to say pinball wizard was written preciently about me, but...), but in reality it was massive beginners luck.  You can see the registered high score is 986,390 - recorded by Cindy, the woman who co-owns the joint... see below for my high score!

My High Score! Pinball Musuem, Seattle WA
Woo hoo!  Over 600,000!

Pinball Musuem, Seattle WA
Felipe at "Strikes and Spares"....apparently loving the bowling themed games.

There were many amazing things that we did in Seattle.  So many beautiful places with natural landscapes.  But out of all things that we did indoors, this was SO MUCH FUN!  The owners were there (Charlie and Cindy) and they were super nice, the games were great, and nobody hogged any of the machines.  I think if there were a place like this in NYC, I would love to go (maybe there is...), but I don't think it could ever match this joint.  It would inevitably be overcrowded and overpriced.  This place was great, and I recommend it to anyone who stops in Seattle.

Seattle Pinball Museum
508 Maynard Ave. S
Seattle  Washington



No comments: