Saturday, December 15, 2012

Christmas by the Fires



We're celebrating Christmas tonight together, as Grace will be deploying to Afghanistan on the 18th.  Mom, Mariam and I arrived to El Paso late last night, and today we drove to Ruidoso, New Mexico to stay at a cabin.  The cabin is older, in a vintage kind of way, and there was the smell of fires burning in the air.  We set up a fire in the fireplace, and decided to add a few videos fireplaces too (see the six on the mantle!).

It's nice to have the time together, and we'll be enjoying what little bit more we have before Grace heads out.  If you want her address while she'll be in Afghanistan, just send me a note or leave a comment.

Enjoy your holidays!  Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!

3 comments:

Images and Lines said...

First I couldn't figure out how you did this, a picture with a moving background, then I saw Grace blinking. Girls, keep those wonderful moments in your hearts for those are the ones that really matters. Good luck Grace, I wish this to be a very good experience and I'm sure it will make you a even better person. Kiss and hugs to you guys. <3

Laura said...

I am so glad you are together and enjoying this time! Yes, please email me her address and I'll be sure she receives some mail while away :).

Kathy Hall said...

Linda and her girls are so very special. I'm so glad you can all be together right now. Your love for each other shines through in all you do! Give Gracie many hugs and kisses from all of The Halls!