Friday, October 18, 2013

Aaron Curry Sculptures - Melt to Earth

A Curry Sculpture 1
A kind of "self-portrait" silhouette in one of the sculptures.

Last weekend I noticed some sculptures had been placed in the Lincoln Center plaza, around the fountain and I snapped a few photos.  I happened to be walking by again this evening and took a closer look.  The sculptures are by a Californian artist by the name of Aaron Curry.  The New York Times wrote an interesting article about the exhibition (here).

A Curry Sculpture 3

A Curry Sculpture 2

A Curry Signature

I took a few photos last saturday as well, although they are a bit busier, as I didn't have my 50mm lens with me that day.  I like how colorful they are and how they really stand out against the lines of the architecture for the Lincoln Center buildings.

A Curry Sculpture 5

A Curry Sculptures

A Curry Sculpture 4

No comments: