Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Updates on Dad

Backgammon

Dad had his appointment with Dr. Prendergast yesterday afternoon, and apparently his blood counts are up enough that he can begin his second cycle of chemotherapy on Saturday. So Saturday morning he will be checking into St. Mary's again to continue with the chemotherapy (this cycle is supposed to take five days, but he could be in there longer depending on his blood counts). He has another appointment with Dr. Kahl at the UW on Wednesday - Dr. Kahl has a bit more specialization when it comes to Lymphoma's and so we're looking forward to his review of dad's case. I'll update when I have information from that appointment.

I'm still trying to figure out when I can visit next...unfortunately tickets are outrageously expensive due to the holidays. I would love to visit once before Christmas, and I was hoping to also be home for Christmas as well. It seems like there should be some discount if you are traveling to see ill family members for the holidays. It's hard to think that I might not be able to visit during the holidays.

No comments: