Friday, November 28, 2008

A Friday Night Find...

Felipe at the stand

Tonight Felipe and I went down to the Union Square area tonight just to get out and about. We stopped at the Stand for a couple of burgers, then we walked down the street to the Strand Bookstore (my favorite place for books in this city).

The Strand

My two favorite sections of the bookstore at the etiquette books and the psychology books. The etiquette section because I really love those books that were printed back in the 40's and 50's. The etiquette tips in those are classic. Today I was looking for any books by Abraham Maslow, and was lucky enough to find his "The Farther Reaches of Human Nature". As I leafed through the book I saw a piece of paper sticking out from in between the pages. When I pulled it out I found this Patti Smith Concert Ticket:

Patti Smith Ticket

The ticket was for a show at the Meadowbrook Ballroom in Cedar Grove, New Jersey on Tuesday January 13, 1976. This would have been her first major concert tour for her debut album. The ticket cost $5.25! It's so cool to find such a little treasure in the book...I really wonder who was the person that went and what was the show like?

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Did you end up buying the book?

Silva said...

I did buy the book :D