Saturday, February 7, 2009

Things to Make Me Feel Better

Things to make me feel better

I've had several difficult days this last couple of weeks. Thursday I came home after work and had the pleasant surprise of two people wanting to cheer me up! It had been just an awful day, and I was angry, upset, sad, and frustrated. When I got home I had the surprise of a gift from Grace, my younger sister, who had sent me a card along with two of my dad's books that I had to leave behind in Milwaukee. The card inside said "I hope this brightens your day" and indeed it did. In addition to that nice surprise, when Felipe arrived home he had brought me some beautiful yellow spider mums to help cheer me up. Together, I was feeling much better than earlier that day.

Here are a couple more photos:
putnam's phrase book

This book is great. It's got a wealth of phrases for correspondence, which is really great as I am trying this year to improve my writing (letters and notes to others, writing on this blog, and also writing in my journal).

The book has such useful phrase as:
"I thank my good star that ---" (for good fortune)
"I cannot refrain from expressing my admiring appreciation of ---" (Courtesy/congratulatory)

and so on!

And then there is the Enchanting Stories:
Enchanting Stories

This is a story book that was "owned" by my dad when he was a very young kid:
Enchanting Stories Inside Cover

1 comment:

Images and Lines said...

Some days are worse than others... but it´s so comforting to know that there are people trying to cheer you up. Lovely memories from your dad (I think you have the same good relation with books that he had!). And the card! LOL so true!!! Also the yellow flowers... there are nothing as nice as some yellow flowers to brighten up your day.
I´m so happy you and Felipe are coming to Spain in March!!
Kisses and hugs