Saturday, June 20, 2009

Happy Fathers Day

Armenian Power Dad
Happy Fathers Day!

This is probably the saddest fathers day for me, as it is the first since dad passed away. Sad knowing that I cannot call him or give him a hug and tell him again how much I loved him. But as I look back and think of my dad, I can remember all of the fun stuff that we did together, and I can be glad for all of the memories.

When I was little, he used to take me and my sisters to the public high schools to go swimming at the pools, he would read us Chicken Little and do all the voices, he used to take us to the library on Saturdays, and he took us to Badger volleyball games, and evenings at the Memorial Union terrace, around Christmas time he would take us to the capitol to see the big tree, sometimes we'd go to lake Wingra to go out on a canoe or rowboat, and so many other things.

As I got older, I was able to appreciate a good game of backgammon with him, through him I began to love all sorts of music - classical, jazz, oldies and so on, and I enjoyed hearing his stories about when he was younger, and I learned to appreciate the value of a friendship by seeing how well he got along with his lifelong friends. I wish that I had more time with him, more stories to hear, but for now I can enjoy the wonderful memories of him.

Wish your dad a Happy Father's Day today, give him a hug, and really enjoy the time you have with him :D

1 comment:

djp said...

thinking of you today! cherish your memories and play a game of backgammon in his honor :)