Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Ah Spring!

Cherry Blossoms and Blue Sky

Magnolia Tree and Blue Sky

Spring is definitely here! The cherry blossoms are amazing and the lilacs are blooming. Oh, if only I could share the scent of lilacs through the photos - but alas, that sort of technology hasn't been perfected yet...sorry. It was such a pleasant walk, the park wasn't too crowded, the temperature was perfect, and there was even a man playing french style accordion on a park bench.

I was walking home today, this time with a coworker of mine who also lives on the west side. We realized just a bit ago that we live quite close to each other, and it only occurred to me today that we might be able to share a commute home. It was nice to share the walk with her, not that I don't mind a good solitary walk with my thoughts, and we were talking about the park and I couldn't help but wonder aloud how amazing it was that the park is my commute! I guess that's why I take so many pictures in Central Park - I want everyone to share my commute with me.

p.s. - I know that the photos above are cherry blossom and magnolia, not lilac - but my lilac photo wasn't as nice as my magnolia photo ;)

No comments: