Monday, July 19, 2010

Summer Stroll

Ralph's italian ristorante
Ralph's Italian Ristorante - 9th Ave (is Ralph an Italian name?...)

I was starting to feel a little cooped up today. It's been so hot recently here in the city, I've sadly spent many a day in air conditioned coolness (well, not sad for staying cool - sad for staying inside). Felipe and I decided to take a walk around the neighborhood this evening, and to take photos. I decided I would jack my ISO up as high as it can go (1600) and turn on the black and white and see if I could get some gritty looking grainy photos, but still find something nice.

We walked down 10th Avenue and then back up to the Lincoln Center. It was a really nice evening to take a walk, warm but still enjoyable with a bit of a breeze.

Hotel Empire
The Empire Hotel

Lincoln plaza
Lincoln Center Plaza - There isn't a night that this plaza doesn't look nice.

L'Arte del gelato
L'Arte del Gelato - a cool treat for a warm night. It was nice to people watch, the tourists, the workers...

Fountain portrait
I was taking pictures of the silhouettes around the fountain, and wasn't getting a shot that I didn't have before, with a good frame. Then I realized that the light was perfect for portraits. And there was this woman there, listening to her music and watching the fountain intensely. She stood very still and very solitary among all of the tourists and other people taking a night stroll. I had to take a photo, and I hope she doesn't mind...although I was quite far away, and discreet at possible.

Well, they are grainy, and some have blurry spots, but overall I think I was able to capture a few good shots or what was a really lovely summer stroll.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

I think that woman looks like a dancer and is perhaps contemplating her very first performance at the Lincoln Center.

djp said...

these are great! i so want to snatch that lincoln center one...it is better than all ours on my lil cam :)