Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Vacation Catch Up - Family Picnic Day

Marty and I
My Great Uncle Marty and Me.

Sunday (June 27th) was our annual family picnic, which I look forward to every year. We have a fairly large family, I've recently finished the family tree for the descendants of my grandparents and it comes out to 95 people! We had driven in to Madison Saturday night and were staying with my aunt Miriam.

This particular day was a doozy for Felipe and I. We met some of my dad's friends at 9:00am for coffee before the picnic (this was early given that the night before we were up talking with my aunt until about 3:00am! - sorry aunt Miriam!) Right after coffee we went straight to the picnic at about 11:30am, and were there until about 3:45pm. I am not sure if I stopped talking the entire time. There were just so many people to catch up with. I'm working on this family history project and it was so much fun to share some of it with my uncles, aunts and cousins. Directly after the picnic we rushed over to the Oakcrest Tavern to meet my friend Asha and her fiance for dinner. By the time we got there we were pretty much spent. We mustered enough energy for a burger (for me), a brat (for felipe) and some cheese curds. The rest of the evening was spent recovering back at my aunt's home.

Here are some of the pics from the picnic.
Dave and Tony
Uncle Dave and my cousin Tony

Diane
Aunt Diane

Marty
Great Uncle Marty

Dave
A nice shot of Uncle Dave

Rosie and Diane
Aunt Rosie and Aunt Diane

Bob Marsh Dave
Uncle Bob, Uncle Marsh and Uncle Dave

Marty and Paul
Great Uncle Marty and Uncle Paul

Fabian Bob and Ron
Family Friend George Fabian, Uncle Bob and Uncle Ron

Mina and Kathy
Cousins Mina and Cathy.

I wish I could have gotten more photos, but man - I just could not stop talking! maybe next year....

And a super special thanks to my Aunt Miriam for hosting Felipe and I while we were in town. It was super lovely to spend that extra time with her, hearing all sorts of wonderful family stories and going through piles and piles of photos...
Miriam and Jenna
Aunt Miriam with my cousin Greg's daughter Jenna.

No comments: