Thursday, October 18, 2012

The Most Enjoyable Commute in the World

Central Park 2 101712
Strolling through the park in the early evening.

What can I say, I just cannot stay away from Central Park at this time of year.  So many subtle, yet colorful changes. And the way the dusk sets in, the atmosphere is indescribable...maybe if I were a more eloquent person, a poet perhaps I could write something that would do it justice.  The best I can do is offer you snapshots of the beauty I get to see on my "commute" home.

Felipe and I had an opera to go to last night (Il Trovatore - an excellent MET production), and walked to the opera house through the park.  This is one of the best advantages of working on the East Side.

Central Park 1 101712

Central Park 3 101712
I love this particular path, in the early evening when the lights just come on.  it's just below 59th street, but seems like such a quiet, peaceful and inviting place to sit on a bench.

Central Park 4 101712
And then there was this little guy.  Of course we did not pause too long to say hello to him, given the history of rabid racoons in the park...but just a little peak of his face gave us a bit of a smile.

2 comments:

Bruce Hall said...

Really nice.

Images and Lines said...

I have my beach, you have your park. I'm so glad we can share our"personal possessions"... all of them lol