Saturday, April 13, 2013

Merry Christmas at the Ponderosa Cabins! [Catch Up]

Ruidoso 14

During my visit to El Paso with my mom and sisters, we took a small roadtrip to Ruidoso, New Mexico.  Grace reserved a cabin for us at the Ponderosa Cabins.  These cabins were nothing fancy, but we sure enjoyed it!  Kind of a mix of old worn down, and fun kitschy retro.

Ruidoso 1
The expanses around the highway on the way up to Ruidoso were great.  Maybe not amazing for everyone, but for myself, who is surrounded by towering concrete/brick/glass skyscrapers every day, this was terrific!

Ruidoso 2

Ruidoso 3
We stayed in Cabin 10 - the outdoor front porch looks inviting - and I'm sure it's a lovely place to hang out when it's not winter!

Ruidoso 4
The kitchen - kind of reminded me of my grandma's kitchen in her 1950s Orland bungalow house.

Ruidoso 5
One of the two bedrooms - love the formica night stands and the cool lamps :)  (The beds were stiff, but reasonable for the one night we were there)

Ruidoso 8
The fireplace!  we decorated for Christmas!

Ruidoso 9
Family portrait near the roaring fire(s).  See how many "fireplaces" you can count!

Ruidoso 10
Mom enjoying her cocktail in a wine glass.  We were limited to the dishes they provided in the cabin...can you believe they didn't have martini glasses?

Ruidoso 11
Playing a surprisingly complicated game of "A Christmas Story" themed yahtzee.

Ruidoso 12

Ruidoso 13
Is that mom, asleep at the hearth?  Let's see what kind of fun we can have...

We had a fun evening - made dinner, watched Christmas movies, opened gifts and "playing yahtzee" (that's in quotation marks because I don't feel like I ever got the hang of that particular game).  It was a nice cabin, and I think wholly fitting for our little adventure. I would love to go back sometime!

1 comment:

Laura said...

The pictures of the sky are out of this world - so beautiful!!