Sunday, August 17, 2008

Art Night - Linocut

Tonight we had another art night, and I'm super excited about it! I was talking with my friend Cord last week about our art nights and prints came up. So I started thinking about the time we did linoleum prints in art class way back and wondered what it would be like to do another one. So today Felipe and I stopped at Lee's Art Shop on 57th Street and picked up the supplies we would need. it was a bit involved, but in the end I was very happy with how it turned out.

The Original Photo
Grandma Alice

Preparation
Linocut Preparation

The Cut is Ready
Finished Cut Linoleum

The Print
Linocut Print - Alice

2 comments:

Images and Lines said...

you scarve it and then print it? wow, i really would like to try it... it's a nice work of art Silva!

Claire Pennline said...

Silva, this is great. You should post Felipe's on your blog too. I love the inspiration. I've gotta try this too!