Thursday, May 20, 2010

Assistance Needed: Sick Plants!

sick plant 1

sick plant 2

I have two window boxes in our living room, each box has a different plant (I'm horrible and cannot remember the names), three plants per box. I noticed the other day that one of the three plants in window box #1 is sick. I'm posting pics of it's poor little diseased body hoping one of you can help and tell me what to do! Can I treat it? Should I remove the sick plant? Will removing the plant help the fungus spread? I am also afraid it will infect the other box, with a different type of plant, which right now is not showing any disease.

Help me if you can!

1 comment:

Images and Lines said...

I didn't know gardening was so stressfull until I started my teeny garden. Too much water, not enough water, insects, air, sun....
Now, my rule of thumb is:
1)plant's not the way it should be: that is nice. TRUE go to # 2.
2)Get a new one and think this time will be different. FALSE return to # 1.
I can assure you it takes all the stress out of it if you follow these simple steps (maybe not 'greenly' ecological, but what the heck I already do my part recycling!)