Saturday, May 8, 2010

Snapshots from the Past - A Walk Down Memory Lane

Second Grade Class Photo - Crestwood Elementary
Taking a little walk down memory lane. It's my high school's ten year reunion this summer. I won't be able to go, as my visit home will be much earlier in the year, but I thought I would post a few of my old school class photos. This one above is Second Grade - 1989-1990 - Twenty years ago! Many of the people that I went to elementary school remained at the same school through high school graduation. Some moved away (I did - moving back after a couple of years), some stayed the whole thirteen years together, eventually graduating from James Madison Memorial.

Second grade was probably my favorite out of all of elementary school. We had an amazing teacher named Mrs. Davidson. She knew how to fly planes (and we got to see hers once)! and in general made class tons of fun. Mrs. Davidson taught us so many things, among one of the gems I remember - you shouldn't go outside without a jacket unless it's 16 degrees Celcius or more. This has come in handy many times now that I am married to a man who grew up with Celcius (if you could believe that being handy). It was her class too that I remember learning how many bones there are in the human body. So many nice memories. Two years after our class she retired and moved to California. I still think about her to this day, and hope she is doing well.

First Grade Class Photo - Crestwood Elementary
First Grade, 1988-1989

It was How Long ago?.... / Que tiempo ha pasado?
Kindergarten, 1987-1988

1 comment:

Gina said...

I love looking at old school photos, thanks for sharing :)

I have been meaning to post mine, but just haven't gotten around to it yet. Maybe at some point I will!