Friday, May 28, 2010

Wishing I Could Be There Now....

At Puerto Olímpico
Near Barceloneta Beach and the Olympic Village.

Felipe is returning today from a Business trip in London, and I am looking forward to the long weekend with him. But oh how I wish we could be in Europe right now! Sitting by the beach in Barcelona, walking through la Boqueria, eating some fantastic meal in Paris. I love it in the warmer weather (our last couple of trips were in the fall or very early spring - when it was much cooler and rainy).

La Boqueria - Frutas
At La Boqueria, so beautiful and yummy!!!

Shadows and Arches - Rue de Rivoli, Paris
Shadows and Arches by the Rue de Rivoli in Paris.

We're traveling to Rio de Janiero for the holidays at the end of the year, and so we may not get to visit Europe again this year - and of course this makes me a little sad! I'll be scouring the travel sites looking for cheaper fares though!!!

I hope that you have something nice planned for the long holiday weekend (if you are living in the United States that is - sorry to anyone reading this who has only a regular weekend!). We'll be going to New Jersey for a wedding on Sunday, and hopefully having a picnic in the park so we can enjoy the weather, which is supposed to be great!

3 comments:

Images and Lines said...

and i do hope you find a cheap ticket too, this way we get together in NY, then here, then in Rio. :-)

herman said...

I was actually in Barcelona when you wrote this entry. It was my first time, what a great city!

Btw, not sure if I said this before, but I *love* your colorful pictures of Central Park! Keep 'em coming. ;)

Best regards from the Netherlands!

Silva said...

Herman, Thank you for the lovely comment. I am jealous that you were there...but of course happy that you got to enjoy Barcelona. It's such a beautiful city!

Thanks as well for your love of my Central Park photos - it is hands down my favorite place in the city. There will always be CP photos coming, as long as I live in this city!