Thursday, August 18, 2011

Ever Wish You Could Just Float Among the Clouds...?

clouds 4
"Cloudbergs" floating in a sea of clouds...

This week has been a bit stressful, to say the least. Every morning at work has felt like a struggle. It's just one of those weeks that I wish I could just kind of float among the clouds. I remember a long time ago, in third grade, our teacher must have needed to get our class to settle down. It was hot, so probably early in the year when the weather could still be warm, and he told us all to put our heads down at our desks and told us a really fantastic story about a journey through the clouds in a floating bubble. This was one of those days where I needed to turn the lights off, put my head down and imagine I was among the peaceful looking clouds.

Unfortunately, I am an adult now, and it would look strange if I were at my desk with the lights off and my head down. So I'm posting these photos now, so I can look at them whenever I need to take a relaxing "bubble in the sky" kind of break.

clouds 2

clouds 3

clouds 1

I've always LOVED looking at the sky. Sunsets, cloud formations, lightening during the storms - I love them all (I'd add sunrises...but I'm rarely up at that hour!). These pics were taken from an airplane of course. While I was flying to Oklahoma earlier this year...I just couldn't help trying to capture these clouds on camera. I'm sure my seatmate thought it a bit strange...

No comments: