Sunday, July 19, 2009

Mmmmm....Dumplings

Dumplings - The finished product....
Yesterday I took a part of the late afternoon to make chicken dumplings....mmmm, man I love chicken dumplings. I can't say they are true to authentic dumplings (I always fold them like tortellini), but I certainly enjoy the taste of them, and can think of a few friends that enjoy them as well.

I made a double batch yesterday so that I would have some that I could freeze and use for dinner some night I am feeling lazy. Nicole and Sammi joined felipe and I for dinner later on, and you can bet that those dumplings were practically inhaled, and gone within fifteen minutes.

A photo of the preparations:
Dumplings - the making of....

Ingedients:
1 pound of ground chicken
3-4 scallions, chopped
1 eggs
Minced garlic to taste
Several dashes of soy sauce
1 packet of wonton wrappers (I use Nasoya)

Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl. Beat another egg and keep to the side. Take one wonton wrapper and place a quarter sized drop of the chicken mixture onto the center of the wrapper. Dip your finger into the egg wash and line two adjoining edges of the wrapper. Fold into a triangle and take the two corners farthest from each other and pinch them together in the shape of a tortellini. I use a rice cooker to steam the dumplings, but any steamer will do.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

djp said...

ooh we will so make this for dinner soon!

Claire Pennline said...

This is an entirely new concept for me. I'm intrigued and will definitely try this. Thanks!