Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Saving Your Soul with Neon...?

Get Right with GodSin Will Find You

Felipe and I were walking home after his birthday celebration and I was struck by the neon cross floating above 51st street. Something makes me think I've seen this sign before, but I can't quite remember...

I saw the "Sin will find you out" side first and thought - that's quite ominous. The other side - more well known apparently is the "Get right with God" side. I looked it up online and found out later that it belongs to the St. Paul House, a "multifaceted ministry" that serves New York City's homeless community.

While reading the about page on their website, I can appreciate their service to the New York City community, however I feel like it would be off putting to people in need to assume that their state of homelessness is due to sin... I guess what I'm saying is that I would find it difficult to accept help from an organization that condemned my assumed "sin" so brightly over their establishment.

No comments: