Thursday, October 1, 2009

Get Well Stickies!

Get Well Stickies
So the story goes like this - I left work on Monday evening sneezing. A lot. And I thought, man - my allergies are horrible! Went to a Birthday happy hour for Felipe, and then about an hour later it hit me. Hard. I had a rapid onset rhinovirus. Well, to be less dramatic, I got a cold.

Jump to Tuesday morning. I woke up after a miserable night of sleep and dragged myself in to work (I knew it wasn't the flu, so there was no hesitation in that respect). I had a candidate visiting and I needed to make arrangements for him to be taken around during the day. Felipe told me to go home early, and after the 16th sneeze in a row (okay, dramatics here again) and two hours of tying up loose ends - I went home.

The first sticky I saw was the one Felipe had left for me on the bathroom door....rest and recover my energies. I certainly would! The second was the 'get better soon' sticky that was on the bedroom door. And the last, one of the best of all was waiting for me on my pillow - besitos-quil. I must say, the FDA should look into this. It was far superior to any Nyquil or Dayquil product! Needless to say, I slept for another three hours and have been working my strength back up! Thanks to my wonderful husband for the super sweet notes :D

Warning: Rant Below
I went back to work today, with the aid of some cough suppressants and expectorants and seemed to make it through. One thing I have realized is that I really dislike it when people on the bus look at me with disdain or flinch with terror every time I cough. I will have you know that I am covering my mouth with four layers of folded handkerchief and my hands - these flinchers are more likely to become ill from the bar they just handled on the back of the bus seat than my own coughing. I will also let it be publicly known that I do not carry the bubonic plague, tuberculosis, leprosy or the dreaded swine flu (see also these). Okay, rant done.

Thanks for all the get well wishes!

1 comment:

djp said...

get better soon girl!! i loooove his little notes he posts for you :)