Sunday, October 11, 2009

October Afternoons...Enjoying the Fall (Part 2)

Central Park Sheeps Meadow
This afternoon I took a walk over to Central Park to enjoy a bit of this beautiful fall afternoon. It's sunny and mildly warm again today, making it pleasant to sit in the park a while. It was quite busy with tourists today, and of course the performers for the the tourists. There was the man who usually plays his sax over on the the Mall leading up to Bethesda Terrace. He's always there when I go to my favorite spot...maybe someday I'll ask his name and record him playing some music.

Central Park Mall

Oak Leaf

After walking a bit I stopped and sat at the trunk of an oak tree and listened to some music while people watching. I could sit in that park for hours. I ended up moving once the sun went below the tree line, and decided I would join the countless others who were laying out on the super plush grass in the Sheep's Meadow. It was a very relaxing moment, with the sun shining down, and the cool ground below - listening to the wind go through the trees and bring the leaves to the ground.

It's as Ella and other jazz greats say:
"Yes, lovers that bless the dark
On the benches in central park
Greet autumn in New York
Its good to live it again"

No comments: