Wednesday, December 1, 2010

I know you are, but what am I?!

Me and Pee Wee, ca. 1989
Pee Wee and I...friends for 21 years and counting.

With mom in town, and Pee Wee in town...there was only one logical thing to do. Sunday morning mom and I took a trip down to Times Square (yuck!) to wait in line at the TKTS booth and see if there were any tickets to the "Pee Wee Herman Show". It was our good luck that there were (not so sure if it was good luck for Felipe too...but he was a good sport and came along!).

Mom and I by Pee Wee
Mom and I in front of the theater.

We've been huge fans of Pee Wee for the longest time...of course as a kid I watched his show religiously every Saturday morning. And then of course you have Pee Wee's Big Adventure, classic awesomeness. So we were both stoked to see his broadway show, and we were not disappointed!

Pee Wee Stage


The set is just as the television show, as garish and bright, filled with shiny, colorful, and retro. Of course, all the favorite characters were there too...Chairy, Pterri, Jambi, Conky, Magic Screen, Clocky, Mr. Window, Globy,Miss Yvonne, Cowboy Curtis and so on, and so on, and so on....hahahaha. I think one of my favorite moments (and man how I wish I could have gotten a photo) was when Pee Wee came on stage in a fully bedazzled suit. Just terrific! The big foil ball even made an appearance.

We had such a blast, I'm very glad we went and I think in the end, Felipe gained an appreciation for the crazy that is Pee Wee. The only room for improvement that I could see was if the theater could have had a little heat! It was freezing in there, I'm sure colder than it was outside! I highly recommend the show to anyone in NYC...it's running through December 31st. Can you imagine...New Year's Eve with Pee Wee?!

Pee Wee Playbill

Pee Wee Ticket

No comments: