Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Beautiful Street Art

Rio Graffiti 1
I wish I had time to walk all over the city and take a pictures of all the amazing "graffiti" which is better labeled as street art. Graffiti is a whole different strata in Rio - so many amazing murals and paintings, I just wish I could have captured more of them - although that gets difficult from a moving vehicle! Here are the only four I could capture while walking...

Rio Graffiti 2

Rio Graffiti 3
One of my favorites - St. George slaying a dragon! A sword in one hand, a can of spray paint in the other!

Rio Graffiti 4
Look at the amazing detail! Do you see the Damask print behind her? Pretty classy right :D

Just google "Graffiti Rio de Janeiro" and you will see some of the most amazing street art. New York City has nothing on Rio!

No comments: