Thursday, February 10, 2011

My New Angel

My New Angel....
By Mina Lee

I just purchased this work of art that was done by my cousin Mina, she's done many beautiful collages. But this simple one of hers really touched me. Mina passed away this evening after an amazingly courageous battle with breast cancer, lasting as far as I can remember, around 10 years. She leaves behind many sad family and friends, but she also leaves a legacy of creativity, love, and good memories.

Her three kids are around the same age as my sisters and I, and I remember Mina watching us when we were little, especially when my dad was in the hospital. She'll always hold a special place in my heart. And now, I have two new angels, one that was born of her creativity, and another that was born of her amazing spirit. All my love goes to her family now, knowing what they are going through, and hoping that they find as much peace as they deserve.

1 comment:

Gina said...

I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your cousin :(