Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Ice Ice Everywhere!

2011-02-02_09.55.53_5679.jpg
(Photo from Andrew Kunkel on Flickr)

This morning was definitely interesting for many people in the midwest and the east coast. My mom reported having a four foot snow drift in front of her door this morning, and my cousin posted a photo of a snow drift outside her living room window that went to the top corner of the window (about 6 feet I would estimate). Here in New York City we didn't get snow, but lots of freezing rain and ice.

On my way in this morning on the bus, we passed so many beautiful trees encased in a crystal clear ice. It was quite breathtaking. I didn't have my camera with me (I know, silly...but I need to replace the batteries!), and so I'm borrowing the photo for this post from Mr. Kunkel on Flickr...nicely taken!

p.s. - Happy Groundhog Day! (Time for some flapjacks!!!)

1 comment:

djp said...

this is what our trees look like! all coated....ugh! tread lightly...no slipping around!