Thursday, December 1, 2011

Europe Continued: Day Three - Food!

Paris 19
Coffee at LaDuree

We started day three by going to have breakfast at Ladurée Bonaparte - home of my favorite pastry ever! Breakfast was a little more involved than we would usually do, but on vacation I was willing to go out on a limb! We each got the typical breakfast - a small plate with assorted small pastries (brioche and croissants) with yummy currant jam, the awesome french butter, cafe au lait, and fresh squeezed grapefruit juice. Yum!
Paris 17

The restaurant is beautiful, with amazing paintings on the walls.
Paris 18

We really enjoyed the food and picked up some pastries and macarons for later - they have so many delicious flavors to choose from!
(Photo from the Laduree website)

Ladurée Royale
16, rue Royale - 75008 Paris
Tél : +33 1 42 60 21 79

After Laduree we walked around FOREVER! I mean, legs about to fall off walking around. but we had such a nice time walking through the streets, window shopping and enjoying the city in general. While walking along the Seine we passed a building that had a bunch of art propped up against the windows. There was no one in sight, but there was a small stool and a set of paints. We didn't have any cash on us, so we thought we would find a bank and return when the artist returned. Well let's just say that you can see your bank on every other corner, until the moment you need it. We walked for a half an hour through the winding streets before we found the right bank. Then we walked another twenty minutes to get back to where we started!

But it was worth it. By the time we returned, the artist was back, and we purchased two sketches/paintings for Parisian building. I really enjoy picking up something arty while we travel - it's easy to bring back and is a nice souvenir!
Building sketches

After all that walking around we went to Le Grand Epicerie, my favorite grocery store in the whole world! There is nothing not to love about this place!...unfortunately I don't have any photos. Let's just say that it has every grocery product you can imagine, from all over the world. Felipe and I go every time we're in Paris, and shop for fun stuff to bring home and a little bit of food to have a picnic lunch.

Paris 21
Me and my violet flavored Religieuse.....mmmm.... (no, I didn't just have pastry for lunch, I ate regular food too!)

Paris 20
Felipe and some super yummy green olive tapenade on fresh baked baguette.

Paris 22
After lunch we wandered around a bit more. I suppose when I put it that way it sounds like we had nothing structured to do, but I tell you that we love just having the time to wander and people watch. Towards the late afternoon, before we headed back to Laurence and Sylvain's place we were walking down the street and the sky and buildings caught my eye. I do love Paris!

More posts to come! Again, apologies for the belatedness in my posts!

1 comment:

Laura said...

I love seeing the art you got and hearing the story behind where you got it.