Monday, December 5, 2011

Yay! A Real Christmas Tree This Year!

Santa Ornament 2011
Felipe's new 2011 Ornament - Glitter Santa

Snowman Ornament
Glitter Santa's friend, Glitter Snowman

Felipe and I decided that this year we were going to get a real tree! This is my first real tree in about 10 years and his 2nd real tree ever! So after work we stopped by one of the tree stands on the upper west side and picked out our first ever real christmas tree together. We carried it home (I held the top part, while he held the trunk) and put the Christmas music on and trimmed the tree. We don't have space in our apartment for a large 6 or 7 foot tree, so this one is about 4 feet, and to give the illusion that we've got a larger tree, we set it on top of a side table. Here it is!

Christmas Tree 2011
I really enjoy sitting on the couch looking at it. And the smell is terrific!

One of my other favorite things about having a real tree, are the fantastic shadows that the lights and the branches cause to fall on the wall. Just beautiful!
Christmas Light Shadows 2011

Christmas Light Shadows 2

3 comments:

Gina said...

I love it :D

Laura said...

It looks great, Silva! Except that snowman is kind of fat...or is Santa the fat one? Can't remember...regardless, your tree looks great. I'm so glad you're loving it.

Unknown said...

What a beautiful tree! I love it!