Friday, December 16, 2011

Where Has the Time Gone?



Today marks three years since dad's death, and I'm not quite sure where the time has gone to. "They" are right when they say the hurt and the loss gets better with time - at least it has a bit for me. I still think about him and miss him on a daily basis, but I know he's with me. The picture above is of the gravestone - we've finally just go his name on it this month. It took much longer than I had hoped/imagined, but these sorts of matters can be more complicated than on might think.

My Dad, circa 1985
1985

Our family
2007

For what it's worth, the anniversary of his death will always be a good reminder at this time of year to really appreciate the people in my life and not take for granted the time I have with them. I'm especially grateful for my husband - Felipe is the best partner I could hope to have. And I love my mom and my sisters, even though we're often very far from each other. And I love my extended family, and the time we get to spend together when I visit Wisconsin. And my friends, no matter how often we talk or how often we visit - all of you are with me every day in both in spirit and in the way you have influenced or impacted my life.

Thank you.

1 comment:

Laura said...

I love this post, Silva. And the stone looks great! I think it's neat your dad is buried with Ara.