Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Europe Trip Continued: Paris Day 4

Paris 24
On Thursday we met with one of Felipe's friends, Hadi, for a drink at La Terrasse (address: 2,place de l'Ecole Militaire in the 7th arrondissement). Hadi had chosen a cafe/restaurant on the corner across from the Ecole Militaire. We did not have much time, as Hadi was just coming off of work, and we were to meet others for dinner. But we had a nice visit, the first visit we've had since my first trip to Paris with Felipe in June 2007.

Paris 23
I just loved the look of the signs on the street corner.

Paris 28
A nice woman from California was sitting next to us reading a book. She offered to take our photo, which we accepted.

Before we had met Hadi, we had some small amount of time to pass. We'd walked down the avenue a short way, and didn't see much of interest. But then there was a very narrow side street that passed between a couple of buildings. We took this to find ourselves on a small cobblestone pedestrian street filled with beautiful shops. I could live on a street like this. Such a stark difference to the areas of NYC that I spend most of my time in.

Paris 25
A bright, fragrant flower shop.

Paris 26
Oh my God, the fromagerie....why oh why can't one of these open on my block!

Paris 27
And of course a small wine shop (right across from the butcher shop - not pictured).

Paris 29
After drinks with Hadi we took the metro to Grands Boulevards to find the restaurant Clementine (address: 5 Rue Saint-Marc, 75002). We had planned to meet two of Felipe's former EY Paris colleagues, Sebastien and David, for dinner there. David chose the restaurant and he chose very well. It was on a very short street, off of the main Boulevard Montmartre, but not too far. We arrived and waited outside a bit, after some minutes deciding to ask within if anyone else had come yet. As it was, Sebastien was waiting at a table upstairs.

The food was fantastic! (it went quite well with the terrific company that we had with David and Sebastien). We each ordered from the menu the entree, the main and a dessert. I started with a tomato mousse with fresh cut tomatoes and a salad. It was delicious! The mousse was so smooth, and a bit tangy. The salad, well - arugula is one of my favorite salad greens!
Paris 30

The main for me was lamb with tarragon sauce, with ratatouille and gratin potatoes. If I could recreate this meal on a weekly basis I would. The tarragon sauce with the lamb was perfect. And the sides were delicious and not so large as to fill you up.
Paris 31

For dessert, well I opted for a cheese plate. Maybe it was inspiration from the fromagerie we'd seen earlier in the day, or maybe it's just that I LOVE cheese. It did not disappoint. Unfortunately I wasn't told exactly which cheeses I was getting. I do know that one was a Camembert, and one of course a blue cheese, and a goat cheese. But there were two I wasn't quite sure of.
Paris 32

We had such a delightful time with Sebastien and David, it was nice to see Sebastien again and to finally meet David for the first time. I look forward to seeing them again on our next trip! maybe at another terrific restaurant.

Stay tuned....I will be finishing my Europe posts by the end of the year. And the next post will begin our Avignon trip!

1 comment:

Laura said...

Looks like a fun day with yummy food and beautiful sights. I must say, these pictures just scream Paris to me!