Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009 - Part 2

Thanksgiving Table
So here we started, with the table set and ready for guests. I did a few preparations in the morning - cutting the celery and onion for the stuffing, preparing the green bean casserole, and making the mashed potatoes. The turkey went in to the oven at 1:30pm. I think I need a new food thermometer though - because every year when I put it in the turkey it never registers hot enough! at 6:30pm, the turkey was still reading at only 160 degrees (not the 180 you are supposed to have). Yet it had been in the oven for five hours (should have been plenty for an 11 lb turkey) and the juices were running clear! I took it out anyway and it was plenty done (although not dry!).

The food ready to go!
Food ready to eat

Ready to carve the turkey :D
Silva Carving the Turkey

The Turkey - 2009Green Bean Casserole
StuffingMashed Potatoes

And the group photos:
Ready to Eat

Thanksgiving 2009

It was a wonderful night. I ate WAY too much, to which all of our friends can attest. And I was able to celebrate how thankful I am for all of our friends and for my family, and for all the other wonderful things I have in my life.

1 comment:

Images and Lines said...

The table was precious and the food looked delicious! I'm glad you and Felipe had such a nice evening.