Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Snow Day - Central Park Style

My Favorite Spot
My favorite spot...

Today we got the snow that was forcasted (unlike last weekend were we had a mere dusting). All public schools are closed, and so are many offices. I had planned on working from home today anyway, so lucky me gets to work still! I did take a little time this morning to take a quick jaunt through Central Park. It was still and quiet, except of course for the doggie play area - which seemed to be full of excited dogs jumping around in the snow.

Central Park

Bethesda Fountain
Bethesda Fountain looking solemn and quiet.

Bethesda Stonework

Balto
And one dog that was not jumping around...


Of course all this snow pales in comparison to the snowstorm of February 2006 here in New York city, which dumped a whopping 26.7" of snow in one day:
Central Park Benches 2006

Central Park Snowy Bridge 2006
There was snow up to my knees!

Fifth Avenue Snow 2006
A deserted 5th Avenue

3 comments:

Sylvain said...

snowy city...
how many inches did you get?

becksldrt said...

looks beautiful! nice photos :)

Silva said...

Thanks guys :D

I am not sure how much we've gotten so far. When I woke up it was a couple/few inches. We were supposed to get something like 12-15 inches this afternoon/evening. The whole city is shut down.