Saturday, April 21, 2012

Catch Up: She puts the "Grand" in Grandma!

Visit with Grandma 6
At the very end of February, Felipe and I took a weekend to visit my grandma Hall who lives in Orlando, Florida. It had been much much too long since I had seen her in person last - and while I talk to her frequently over the phone - it's just not the same. So we flew down to Orlando on Friday afternoon and stayed in one of the guest rooms at her retirement community until Monday morning.

Visit with Grandma 1
Grandma was quite pleased to cook us chicken and pilaf for dinner the first night we were in town - and even had strawberries and pound cake for dessert. :)

Visit with Grandma 2
Of course we got our usual games of backgammon in.

Visit with Grandma 3
And don't forget kings in the corner!

Visit with Grandma 4
Most of the time we just sat and chatted. We did take a short walk down to Lake Eola - which is only a few short blocks from where she lives. And she gave us a tour of her building - it seems like a really wonderful place. We also had breakfast in the dining room on the main floor and met several other nice residents and staff. I'm so glad that grandma is so happy where she's living now. I know it was a big adjustment for her several years ago when she sold her home.

Visit with Grandma 5

Visit with Grandma 7

I hope to see her again soon - we may try to make it down for another weekend visit. Grandma will be celebrating her 95th birthday this coming June too!

2 comments:

Laura said...

what beautiful pictures! I smiled when I saw the backgammon one and wished I could play Kings in the Corner with ya'll :). I'm really happy you were able to visit and also tour her new home!

Bruce Hall said...

We are looking forward to her annual visit where we expect the same sort of activities to prevail.