Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Central Park - A Scent of Spring

Felipe Central Park Lilacs
Felipe among the lilacs.

The past few days of spring here in New York City have been rainy and cool. Today was particularly blustery in the morning, but it had cleared a bit by the end of the workday. I decided to walk home, and Felipe joined me, meeting me at Lexington Avenue and 66th Street - our rendezvous spot when we decide to walk home together. One of my main motivators for walking home is the lilacs. I love lilacs, the smell - the look, it's among my favorite flowers. Just by the Sheep's Meadow there is a grouping of lilac trees and bushes, that when in bloom, perfume the entire surrounding area. I wish I could put a sample of the beautiful smell onto my blog...but we haven't perfected that technology yet! Right now the lilacs are in their early blooms, and so it's a perfect time.

Felipe Central Park Lilacs 3

Felipe Central Park Lilacs 2

Central Park Lilacs 1

Central Park Spring 3
A few people enjoying the cool evening.

I love springtime in Central Park. I mean, I suppose I love all season in Central Park - but it happens to be spring now and so it's right at the forefront. We've had a very mild, sometimes summer-like spring so far (even as far back as February!) so I've had a lot of time to enjoy evening walks home through the park. Here are a couple of photos I took back in mid-March of the cherry blossoms.
central park spring 2

central park spring

4 comments:

Bruce Hall said...

Isn't spring just grand?

Silva said...

It is indeed!

Gina said...

I love the smell of lilacs too :)

Laura said...

I've never seen lilacs outlined in white...love! The pictures of Felipe are great.